Want to attend a homeschool conference from the comfort of your couch?
By Grace Koelma | Editor of The Mulberry Journal
Just wanted to share about a great new homeschooling event coming up next month. It's all online, and it's free.
We've been to our fair share of homeschool conferences; it's where we've met some of our contributors and a few of our readers in real life.
But often we don't get as much out of them as we were hoping to. Maybe it's because it's all crammed into one weekend, with back to back (to back!) workshops, and not enough time to digest in the 13 minute break between sessions (because let's be honest, they never run on time either!).
Maybe it's the logistics of it all, but sometimes I feel like it would be nicer to listen to the speakers from the comfort of my own couch (instead of those squeaky, hard conference chairs). I like listening or watching a video at my own pace, and not feeling awkward when I need to zone out for a bit or grab a drink.
So what if you could attend a conference, where you could press the pause button whenever you wanted? Or could watch a live session and not feel guilty for popping to the kitchen for a cup of tea? What if you could attend talks and submit questions as they came to you, instead of waiting until the rushed 6 and a half minutes of Q&A at the end?
Now, what if I said you could listen to these live workshops with Aussie homeschool experts FOR FREE? Yep. Free is good, right?
Want to connect with your tribe?
Subscribe so you don't miss a story, and get our interactive list of the
"Top 50 #mulberrymama Instagrammers"
The 2017 Australian Homeschooling Summit
The Australian Homeschooling Summit is a series of FREE live workshops with 13 Aussie experts, covering diverse subjects.
And they're all online, so you can watch from ANYWHERE. It will run over two weeks in May, so it's spaced out to allow the good bits to sink in.
You can find out all about the speaking topics here. I'll also be jumping in on the 26th May for a session talking about what I've learned over the course of more than 100 interviews with homeschool families from all around the world.
So here are the basic need-to-knows about the summit:
- It’s running from the 15th to 27th May, 2017.
- You need to register with your email here to attend the free video sessions.
- While it's run in Australia, it's open to everyone worldwide. All you need is access to a computer and the internet.
- If you can't make a time slot, the sessions are also free to watch for 24 hours afterwards, BUT they'll go away after that.
- If you want to download the recordings so you can re-listen whenever you like, as many times as you like, you can purchase lifetime access (which includes a bonus bundle of epic downloads - we've thrown in Issue 7 of Mulberry, plus a whole heap more!)
- Until the conference starts you get half price early bird rates on lifetime access, currently $44.50 (until the 15th of May). This is a fraction of what you'd pay for a "regular" homeschooling conference ticket, so it's a steal!
That's it! I look forward to 'seeing' you there! 🙂
Grace is the Editor of The Mulberry Journal and when she's not reading submissions, divides her time between hanging out with her simultaneously delightful and headstrong 2-year-old, running multiple ventures, writing and travelling full time with her little family. You can follow her travels at @darelist.family.