Pam Laricchia interviews Mulberry co-founder, Grace Koelma
I was honoured to be recently interviewed by long-time unschooler and author Pam Laricchia on her Exploring Unschooling podcast.
Pam and I chat about how my family recently took the leap in renting out our house, selling (almost) everything we own and are preparing to take off on full-time slow travel around the world in 2017.
The discussion also covers topics like:
- how attachment parenting flows naturally into child-led learning
- how home learning truly starts from zero, not 5 years of age
- busting a few homeschooling myths, like homeschool-helicopter parenting
- talking to cynical relatives or a spouse about homeschooling
- the fairly new concept of childism
- and a little bit on how and why the Mulberry community got started
I hope you enjoy the podcast, and please let me know if any of the topics we discussed resonate with you. And the interview is also available as a transcript, if you prefer to read instead of listen.
We're hoping to chat to Pam later in the month, so keep an eye out for that interview, it will be gold. 🙂
Want to save for later or share with a friend?
Click the social icons to share this photo on Pinterest or Facebook.
Want to connect with your tribe?
Subscribe so you don't miss a story, and get our interactive list of the
"Top 50 #mulberrymama Instagrammers"
Grace is a wife, mum to 1-year-old Leo, and editor of Mulberry Magazine. She believes that home educating starts from 0 not 6 years, but is glad not to have to worry about registration... yet! You can find her sharing snippets of her love of real food, picture books and homeschool on Instagram at @littlesoulfires